Monday, February 14, 2011

Cheap Deborah Lippmann "Happy Birthday" dupe?

Sorry for the delay in posting! It's been outrageously busy around here, and despite photographing some manicures, I've been lacking in the time to post! So here we go with a fab manicure I did just today.


I bought this beautiful Milani lacquer today, which is called "Gems." It is a very obvious dupe of the high-end, pricey Deborah Lippmann lacquer "Happy Birthday."


For some reason, the lighting in these two photos ended up different. Hm... anyway, you can definitely see the dimension and colors in the second photo. "Gems" is loaded with larger silver, gold, pink, green and orange hexagonal glitter and green, blue, red and silver square glitter, which is smaller. The formula is very thick and the brush is consistently loaded with a large amount of glitter each time. It's easy to apply and totally stunning on.



I layered "Gems" over top of a cheap black lacquer that I got from my local drugstore. The combination is totally gorgeous. I would recommend this gorgeous, low-priced Milani dupe for anyone that's been drooling over "Happy Birthday" but hesitated because of the steep price.

-backbones nail art

No comments:

Post a Comment